Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Happy New Year From NYC!

Hello! (first post in 2011!)
This year I was able to spend New Years with my family in NYC! So many photos but here are the highlights of my trip!

Dec 30th:
We ended up sitting in first class! Here is the sky before take-off 



The first course!

Dec 31st:
arrived at my Grandma's house at 1:30am! New Years Eve, nice night in with my family
                  

 Later that evening she made Sancocho! It's a meaty and vegetable-y stew


 The sancocho was followed by an ice cream cake! Vanilla with chocolate cake.

Jan 1st: 
Busy day around town! We were total tourists! Central Park, Radio City, Rockefeller Center, Broadway...

Central Park! Snow covered and decorated with multiple little snowmen! Very proud of myself, I marched through the whole city and slush in 3 inch high heeled boots!


Time Square! The confetti from the ball drop was still all over the pavement!

Jan 2nd: 
The last day in town we saw the musical American Idiot with guest star Billie Joe Armstrong! It was my first broadway show and it was absolutely amazing! I also cruised into the M.A.C. store (more to follow in a future post) and later visited the Mandarin Hotel!


Here are dessert lollipops from the Mandarin Hotel! Beautiful lounge on the 35th floor with a gorgeous view of the city! The left pop is a chocolate mousse, the center is a caramel cream and the right is a New York cheesecake. I also highly recommend the Pomme Royal! Tasty fruity mock-tail with a cinnamon rim!  

I hope everyone has a great start to their new year! :)
Much love,
Miss Mia

No comments:

Post a Comment